Crime and Corruption
- Establish Community Safety Forums and Street Committees in an attempt to mobiliSe all communities to act against crime and create safer communities.
- Develop structured relations with the Wanya Tsotsi Crime Fighting group to integrate their crime combating efforts and initiatives with the SAPS.
- Develop Plan of Action to mobiliSe all communities to act against crime and reduce the levels of crime in all forms it may manifest itself.
- Work with organised labour and the mining sector in the Province to minimize job losses and find alternatives in cases of retrenchments.
- Create 500 permanent jobs and a potential 1500 temporary jobs through the Gamsberg Zinc project.
- Create 100 black industrialists in the next 3 years.
- Empower community people in the mining sector to acquire relevant mining requirements such as mining equipment’s, licenses and skills.
Social Cohesion (racism and xenophobia)
- Promote the indigenous African Languages.
- Engage communities, stakeholders in the NGO’s, labour, religious, business and farming sectors to address racism in our country.
- Implement programmes and projects that will contribute to the quality of life for the people of the Province in the form of Youth Camps, Big Walks, youth at Risk, Recreation, play in the parks, schools sport leagues, District and Provincial eliminations, National Championships, support to clubs and federations, capacity building of the sector and provision of equipment and attire.
Social Services (education, health and housing)
- Train the youth as water agents, plumbers and artisans to assist with the eradication of water losses within the household and municipal environment. The program will target 740 youth in amongst others the Dikgatlong, Sol Plaatje and Joe Morolong local municipalities.
- Rollout sufficient accommodation for learners as the number of learner’s increase in the province.
- Built 85 additional classrooms, 12 specialist rooms, and 22 Grade R classrooms, in addition to this will be routine maintenance to 68 schools.
- Rehabilitate school hostels and the usage of alternative building material will be pursued ensure that teaching and learning occur in a physically conducive environment.
- Commit to assist purchase half of the medical equipment in order to ensure full operationalization of these identified facilities and the provincial department to purchase the remaining equipment.
- Build the Emergency Medical Services in Kimberley; Nursing College; student accommodation and Office Accommodation for the Department of Health.
- Implement the National Health Insurance (NHI) and Primary health care re-engineering in all districts, reduce HIV/AIDS, TB and maternal, child and infant mortality and morbidity, and improve human resource management and health information management system.
- Allocate R401 million which includes about R87 million for the following Priority Mining towns: Ga-Segonyana, Kgatelopele, Tsantsabane and Gamagara.
- Upgrade informal settlements and distribute 5427 planned sites, and provide 2328 households with basic services, and build 2340 Breaking New Ground (BNG) houses.
- Transfer 6155 title deeds during 2016/2017.
- Allocate R401 million for the Human Settlement Development Grant which includes about R87 million for the following Priority Mining towns: Ga-Segonyana, Kgatelopele, Tsantsabane and Gamagara.